In the overall interest of the intending High School TET / Special TET qualified candidates in the State of Assam, the Director of Secondary Education, Assam on behalf of the Inspector of Schools of the respective Districts (16 nos. of Plain Districts), invites online applications from intending and eligible candidates for the post of Graduate Teachers (Sanskrit) in Provincialised High/ Higher Secondary Schools in Assam in the Graduate Scale of pay of Rs.14,000/- to Rs. 60,500/- and Grade Pay Rs. 8,700/- PM and other allowances as admissible as per rule.
Secondary Education Assam Graduate Teachers Sanskrit Recruitment 2021
Name of the Post – Graduate Teachers (Sanskrit)
- No of Post – 482 Nos (Sanskrit – 241, Assamese Medium – 228, Hindi Medium – 2, Bengali Medium -22)
- Pay Scale – Scale of pay of Rs.14,000/- to Rs. 60,500/- and Grade Pay Rs. 8,700/- PM and other allowances as admissible as per rule.
- Age Limit – A candidate must not be less than 18 years of age and not more than 40 years for unreserved category, 42 years for Ex-Servicemen, 43 years for OBC/ MOBC and 45 years for SC/ ST(P)/ST(H) and 50 years for Persons with Disability (PwD) as on 1st January, 2021 as per Govt. Office Memorandum vide No. ABP.6/2016/51 Dated 02/09/2020.
Minimum educational and professional qualifications for direct recruitment in the post of Graduate Teacher (Sanskrit).
- For the Graduate Teacher (Sanskrit): Graduate or Post Graduate from recognized University in Arts with Sanskrit language as one of the subjects or highest degree in the language i.e. in Shastri Examination in Sanskrit with at least 50% marks in either Graduation or Post Graduation (or its equivalent) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized Institution(s). Moreover, the degrees obtained through distance / off campus mode beyond the territorial jurisdiction of the University / Institution without authorization by UGC / DEC cannot be recognized as valid but in pursuance of the Govt. letter no. ASE.176/2020/Pt/46, dtd. 28.09.2020, the degrees issued by the ODLs of Assam can be considered as valid subject to fulfillment of the requirement of obtaining valid recognition by such Institution from UGC / DEC, as the case may be, as per the norms of UGC Notification on Specification of Degrees relating to subjects and courses.
- In respect of Secondary TET, candidate must obtain 60% marks in each paper for UR category and 55% marks for OBC/ MOBC, SC, ST(P), ST(H) and PwD category
Criteria for Selection of Graduate Teacher (Sanskrit):
- I.100 marks on percentage of marks in BA Examination with the Sanskrit language as one of the subjects or highest degree in the language i.e. in Shastri Examination in Sanskrit.
- II. 100 marks on percentage of marks in HS final examination.
- III. 100 marks on percentage of marks in B.T./ B.Ed. final examination.
- IV. 100 marks on percentage of marks in High School TET / Special TET examination.
- V. 10 marks for NCC certificate (10 marks for “C” certificate and 5 marks for “B” certificate)
- VI. 10 marks for participating in recognized sports at national level representing Assam.
- VII. 10 marks for achievements in fine Arts and cultural activities representing the State officially at National level.
In addition to the academic and professional qualification as per sub-rule 10 (5) Sub-Rule 1 (i) to (v) of the Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised Schools) Service Rules of 2018, the candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- (i) In case of Assamese Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Assamese Language as one of the subjects or having Diploma in Assamese Language issued by the Axom Sahitya Sabha or read up to HSLC level in Assamese medium School. These candidates should choose their medium as Assamese during submission of online application.
- (ii) In case of Bengali Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent examination with Bengali language as one of the subjects or having Diploma in Bengali language issued by the Barak Upatyaka Bangya Sahitya 0 Sanskriti Sammelan or read up to HSLC level in Bengali medium School. These candidates should choose their medium as Bengali during submission of online application.
- (iii) In case of Hindi medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Hindi language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Hindi medium School.These candidates should choose their medium as Hindi during submission of online application. Provided that for recruitment of teacher for teaching MIL subject, the candidate who passed HLSC examination with particular MIL subject shall be considered.
Other Criteria for Secondary Education Assam Graduate Teachers Sanskrit Recruitment 2021
- District-wise separate Merit Lists will be prepared for each category of the post.
- The eligible candidates shall apply online in the official website from 12.00 Noon of 28.02.2021 to 12.00 Noon of 10.03.2021. No offline application will be accepted in this regard.
- The Online Applications and documents submitted by the candidates will be verified along with their original testimonials, by the District Selection Committee (DSC). The District-wise detailed schedule and venue for Screening/ Verification of documents will be notified in the official website. No TA/DA is admissible for verification process. District wise verification will be conducted simultaneously on the same date and time in the Districts by the respective DSC. Candidates will be informed either individually by the respective Inspector of Schools or collectively by the Director of Secondary Education, Assam in the official website.
- There will be reservation/ relaxation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) as per Govt. notification vide No. ABP.07/ 2019/4 Dated 10.04.2019.
- The Online Application and documents submitted by the candidate will be verified using modern technology with the help of DigiLocker, Govt. of India and by scanning Barcode or QR Code for ensuring genuineness of the uploaded documents as well as by back office verification with the competent board/ council/ authority. The authority, if desires, may conduct physical document verification at any point of time with proper notice.
- The candidate must ensure genuineness of all the information/ documents uploaded against the online application and he/ she will be solely responsible for the information/ documents uploaded against his/ her online application. Once uploaded there will be no scope of correction in respect of the credential submitted by the candidate. Any discrepancy will lead to cancellation of the candidature.
- The candidature will be cancelled forthwith, if any kind of fraudulence/ discrepancy regarding any information / documents uploaded by the candidate is established by appropriate authority at any point of time. The candidate will be debarred from any future recruitment under Government of Assam and subsequent legal action will also be initiated against such candidate.
- In conformity with the “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and in compliance Govt. in the Social Welfare Department vide SOP No. SWD.290/2017, dtd. 28th July, 2017, it is specified that the reservation for persons with disabilities will be as follows: a. 1% for blindness and low vision b. 1% for hearing impaired and c. 1% for locomotors disability or cerebral palsy.
- A candidate will mention and select the name of the districts for which the application is submitted.
- When the candidates appear for the verification before the DSC they must produce original certificates, testimonials and documents that was uploaded during the application stage.
- Reservation shall be applicable as per existing State Government Rules.
- Physical fitness: A candidate for direct recruitment shall be: a. of sound health both mentally and physically and free from organic defect or bodily infirmity which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of his duties; and b. required to undergo medical examination before appointment to the service.
- Corrigendum and addendum will be published as on when required in the official website at www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in.
- All further communications related to this recruitment process shall be notified through the official website at www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in only.
How to Apply for Secondary Education Assam Graduate Teachers Sanskrit Recruitment 2021
The provision of online application will remain open from 12.00 Noon of 28.02.2021 and will be accepted till 12.00 Noon of 10.03.2021.
The candidate, who submits online application, shall select district, medium of school and category of post through the official website. Kindly visit official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in and visit recruitment tab and apply online. Candidates can appear in the interview in multiple Districts provided they are in a position to appear in such interview in view of the fact that the verification process at the District level will be conducted by the District Selection Committee, simultaneously in all the Districts at the same date and time.