Applications are invited from intending students studying in Class —X for the State Level (Stage ) of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination for the year 2021-22 sponsored by the National Council of Educational Research Training (NCERT), Ministry Of Education, Government of India.
About the Scheme:
National Talent Search scheme is a flagship activity of National Council of Educational Research Training (NCERT). The purpose of the scheme is to identify the talented students and nurture their talent on the basis Of examination conducted. Scholarship Will be awarded as per NCERT Rules.
- About two thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows:
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250/- per month for Class XI to XII.
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
- The scholarship amount for Ph.D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
How to apply:
- The application National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Bidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phone.
- Moreover, they can apply through our Official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in
- Applicants have to pay the exam fee through Debit/Credit card, internet banking at the time Of the application.
- There be two stages of selection process tor the award of this scholarship.
- Stage-I (State Level), selection w Il be done by State /UTs and those who quality Stage-I will be eligible to appear the Stage-II (National Level) examination. conducted by NCERT.
- State level qualify marks for candidates from General category is in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
- A written examination will be held in the month of Dec’ 2021/Jan’ 2022 for the selection of candidates under the NTS Scheme.
- There are two papers. paper – Mental Ability Test (MAT): 100 marks, paper II Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 100 marks.
- This is an OMR based examination. Each question shall carry one mark each in both the papers.
- There will be no negative marking in either of the tests.
- Previous years’ question papers are also ava lable in the official website.
- Assam State quota is 202
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category.
- 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging ST category
- 27% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to OBC category (Non-Creamy Layer)Scholarship will be reserved tor the candidates belonging to Economical Weaker Sections (EWSs) from the year 2020-2021 , who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STS and OBCs. Those candidates have to produce income and assets certificate issued by the competent authority.
- 4% will be reserved for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
- Last date for submission of application form is 30th October, 2021.
- Date ot Examination will be declared by the NCERT, New Delhi very soon.
- E-admit Cards will be issued before 15 days of the examination date.
Students of Class-X studying in Government, Local Body, Govt. Aided, private Schools are eligible to in the examination.
Rs.250 for General & Category, Rs.225 for SC/ST Category, Rs. 220 tor Differently Abled & EWS students.
- E-admit Card for the candidates will be avaiable online.
- The candidate may download higher admit card by putting his/her application number Password or name & Phone No.
- If any candidate fails to submit required information or deposit required fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will be issued against them.
Examination be held at 81 Nos. of centers across Assam including the District Headquarters. Exam centres maybe increased or decreased depending upon the number of candidates.