The NEET (UG) 2021 is going to be conducted by NTA for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS and BHMS Courses as per the relevant norms / guidelines / regulations notified by the concerned Regulatory Bodies. The Result of NEET (UG) -2021 may be utilized by other Entities of Central/State Governments (including Indian Nursing Council/ Nursing Colleges/ Schools, JIPMER) for counseling / admission to relevant courses [including B.Sc. (Nursing)and B.Sc. (Life Sciences)] in accordance with their rules / norms / guidelines.Interested and eligible candidates may apply online on https://ntaneet.nic.in. As announced by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, the NEET-UG 2021 will be held on September 12.
NEET Exam 2021 Details
Name of the Exam:NEET(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)
Name of exam conducting Authority: National Testing Agency (NTA)
Name of courses are as follows:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS )
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine & Surgery (BSMS)# Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS)
Date of exam: September 12 2021 (Sunday)
Exam duration: 3 hours
Exam type: Offline (Pen & Paper-based test)
Official website: https://ntaneet.nic.in
Eligibility Criteria to Appear in NEET (UG)
The National Testing Agency has fixed the following eligibility criteria to appear NEET 2021 .
Nationality: Citizens belonging to the following nationalities are eligible to apply for NEET (UG)
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
Age Limit: 17 to 25 years as on the date of examination .
Age Relaxation: 5 years is available for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed (or appear) Class 10+2 exam or equivalent exam with subjects- English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually from a recognised board or university with minimum marks as prescribed below:
- General: 50 %
- PWD: 45 %
- SC/ST/OBC: 40 %
NEET-UG Examination Pattern
|Subject||Type of Question||Duration||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Physics||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with four options and single correct answer/best option||02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.||45||180|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||90||360|
Points that should be remember
- I. Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- II. For each correct answer/best option, candidate will get 04 (four) marks.
- III. For each incorrect answer, 01(one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- IV. To answer a question, the candidate has to find, for each question, the correct answer/ best option.
- V. However, after the process of challenge of key, if more than one option is found to be correct then all/any one of the multiple correct/best options marked will be given four marks (+4). Any incorrect option marked will be given minus one mark (-1). Unanswered/ Unattempted questions will be given no marks. In case, a question is dropped/ ignored, all candidates will be given four marks (+4) irrespective of the fact whether the question has been attempted or not attempted by the candidate.
NEET 2021 Application Fee
Interested and eligible candidates have to pay an application fee of amount as mentioned below during online submission of NEET-UG application .
- General: Rs.1500/-
- Gen EWS/ OBC-NCL: Rs.1400/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender: Rs.800/-
The fee can be remitted in the following ways:
- By Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Net Banking
How to Apply for NEET-UG Exam
- Starting Date for Online Registration & Payment of Fee: 13-07-2021
- Last Date for Online Registration & Payment of Fee: To be updated.
- Date of examination: 12/09/2021
- Date of release of admit card: To be updated soon