National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam invites applications for engagement on contractual basis for (i) Research Assistant (ii) Field Assistant and (iii) Office Assistant cum Data Entry Operator for DPIIT CHAIR on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) under the Scheme for Pedagogy & Research in IPRs for Holistic Education & Academia (SPRIHA). The position is initially for a period of four months, beginning December, 2020 to March, 2021. The services may further be extended depending upon the performance of the candidate and the extension of the IPR Chair. National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam Recruitment Notice 2020
Vacancy Details –
(I) RESEARCH ASSISTANT (2 Nos.):
Job Responsibility of Research Assistant: The Research Assistant will provide support to IPR Chair in conducting its research and activities. As part of the assigned research, the Research Assistant is to engage in diverse research activities including field work, data collection, data analysis, report drafting, communicating, creating IP awareness to the local Artisans/Industrialists, attending telephone calls for the Phone-in programme on IP awareness at the stipulated hours etc. Research Assistants are also expected to supervise the work of student researchers/interns etc. associated with the IPR Chair and in other research and dissemination activities of the IPR Chair. An ideal candidate should have a flair towards Intellectual Property Rights.Qualifications:Candidates holding LL.B., post- graduate degree in Law (LL.M.) or with Ph.D. in Law with demonstrable interest in inter disciplinary research in the area of Intellectual Property are encouraged to apply.
Compensation: Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience:
LL.B. – Rs.30,000/- per month.
LL.M. – Rs.40,000/- per month.
Ph.D. – Rs.50,000/- per month.
II) OFFICE ASSISTANT –cum- DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (1 No.):
- Job responsibility: The Office Assistant will be responsible for upkeep of day to day files in the office of the IPR Chair and do data entry work and support the IPR Chair in all works as assigned including record-maintenance etc.
- Qualification: Candidates holding a graduate degree and capable of discharging responsibilities of a data entry operator, slide making tools etc.
- Compensation: Remuneration @ Rs. 12,500/- per month.
III) FIELD ASSISTANT (1 No.):
- Job responsibility: The Field Assistant is to provide support to IPR Chair in undertaking field work, data collection, data analysis etc.
- Qualification: Candidates holding a graduate degree in any field.
- Compensation: Remuneration @ Rs. 8000/- per month.
How to Apply:
Application Process: Interested candidates may submit their application on or before 18-11-2020 by email with subject-line as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF
………………………” with the following relevant documents to [email protected] :
- i) CV
- ii) A statement of purpose (SoP), explaining the candidate’s interest in working
- with the IPR Chair (Max: 500 words)
All the supporting documents, including the candidate’s resume, in a scanned format,pertaining to the applied post shall be enclosed as an Attachment File in either a Word or PDF format. All communications would be through the candidate’s email only. Those in employment must submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned employer, in a Scanned-format. The suitable candidate would be selected on merit basis by the selection committee of the University.