Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
Name of post: Motor Vehicle Inspector (MVI)
- No of posts: 26 [UR: 11, OBC/ MOBC: 5, SC: 2, STP: 4, STH: 1, EWS: 3]
- Pay Scale: Rs. 22,000/- to 97,000/- , GP: Rs. 9400
- Age: The candidates should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on 01/01/2020.
The upper age limit is relaxable:
(i) By 5 years for SC/ST candidates, i.e. upto 43 years.
(ii) By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. upto 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP.6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.
Educational Qualification: H.S.S.L.C. with 3 (three) years Diploma in Automobile or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised Institute of Govt. of Assam/Govt. of India and also duly recognised by AICTE.
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The candidate must produce PRC issued in Assam for educational purpose as a proof of residency along with the Application Form. OR
- The candidate must produce valid registration certificate of Employment Exchange in the State of Assam along with the Application Form.
- A candidate should have sound health, both mentally & physically and should be free from any organic defect bodily infirmity likely to interfere with efficient performance of his duties.
- A candidate is required to undergo medical examination before appointment to the service.
How to apply for Transport Department, Assam Recruitment –
Applicants are required to apply online through APSC’s recruitment website. Applicants who have not registered yet, in Online Recruitment Portal of APSC are first required to go to the APSC’s recruitment website https://apscrecruitment.in and register themselves by clicking on ‘Register Here’ link.
(i) STARTING DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION: 14-10-2020
(ii) CLOSING DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION: 09-11-2020