Applications in the prescribed proforma (as per Annexure I to the advertisement) are invited from eligible individual candidate for contractual engagement of one Legal Resource Person on Panchayati Raj Institutions in the office of the Assam State Election Commission subject to fulfillment of the following criteria:
Name of the Post:Legal Resource Person
No of Post: 01
Period of Engagement : Initially for a period of 01 (one) year. The contract could be extended further depending on assessment of performance and mutual willingness. The contract can be terminated by the authority at any time, by giving one month’s notice.
Job Location : Assam State Election Commission, 2″d Floor, Aditya Tower, Opp.- Downtown Hospital, GS Road, Guwahati-781006 5.
Qualifications/ Essential and Desirable:
- Applicant should be Indian national
- Applicant should be below 45 (forty-five) years of age.
- Applicant for the post must have LLB degree from a recognised university in India preferably National Law Universities or other reputed Law Institute; preferably the candidate would have done LLM in Constitutional law/Electoral laws.
- Extra credit will be given for PhD in related field or experience of work in related field as a practicing advocate.
(1) The remuneration package will be commensurate with the experience and profile of the selected candidate, subject to a maximum all inclusive remuneration of Rs.9.00 lakh per annum and deduction of applicable taxes.
(2) The employment will be strictly contractual, and will not confer any other benefits to the selected candidate.
(3) In case the person is required to travel within the State or out of the State as part of his/her duties, the Commission will take care of the travel, accommodation and per-diem costs, on par with Under Secretary in the Commission.
(4) Selected candidate will be required to enter into a contract with the Assam State Election Commission from the actual date of anointment as Consultant
How to apply :
(1) Interested applicants may submit application indicating their interest in working for the Assam State Election Commission as per proforma at Annexure- I.
(2) The envelope containing the applicants’ details as mentioned above should be clearly labelled “Application for the post of Legal Resource Person on Panchayati Raj Institutions in the Assam State Election Commission ” and addressed to: The Secretary Assam State Election Commission Housefed Complex Dispur, Guwahati-781006
(3) The applications should include a detailed bio-data listing the educational qualifications of the candidate, their areas of expertise, details of publications in peer re- viewed journals (if any,) and any prior work experience. Self-attested copies of educational certificates and mark-sheets (from secondary level onwards) should be included.
(4) References from past employers may be included, but are not mandatory.
(5) The application should include the contact details of the candidate, including residential address, email ID and landline and mobile numbers.
(6) Assam State Election Commission will examine the applications through a Committee for the selection of suitable candidate, which may involve a personal interview of shortlisted candidate(s).
(7) The decision of the Assam State Election Commission on selection of candidate will be final.
Last Date:The last date for receiving applications is 15th September, 2020.
Applications received after the closing date (even by post or any other means) or without the prescribed documents or otherwise found incomplete or not in the prescribed proforma are liable to be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.