Appointment of Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal University (JNU), Delhi (A Central University) The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi is an Institution of excellence in higher learning and research. The Vice-Chancellor, being the academic as well as administrative head, is expected to be:
Required Profile –
- A person possessing the highest level of competence, integrity, morals and institutional commitment.
- A distinguished academician, with a minimum of 10 years of experience as Professor in a University or 10 years of experience in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organisation with proof of having demonstrated academic leadership.
- Preferably not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications of this advertisement.
Salary and Service Conditions
- The post carries a pay of Rs. 2,10,000/- (Fixed) per month with Special Allowance of Rs. 11,250/- and other usual allowances.
- The terms and conditions of the services will be those as set forth in the Act. Statutes and Ordinances of the University.
Procedure for appointment
- Appointment will be made from a panel of names recommended by a Committee constituted under the provisions of Jawaharlal Nehru University Act, 1966.
- The advertisement and the format of application are available on the websites http://mhrd.gov.in and http:// www.jnu.ac.in
- The applications in the prescribed proforma should reach within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement, by Registered/Speed Post to:
Under Secretary (CU-II), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Room No. 503, ‘B’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
E-mail: [email protected]
“Application for the post of Vice-Chancellor, Jawaharlal Nehru University” should be super-scribed on the envelope. This Department is not responsible for postal delay.