Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST) is a premier scientific research organization in the north-east region, IASST was conceived and nurtured by the Assam Science Society in its initial years and was inagurated by Noble Laureate Dorothy C. Hodgkin on 3rd November 1979.
Applications are invited through online submission for recruitment in the Incubation Center at Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST), Guwahati under the BIRAC-BioNEST project for selection of suitable candidates for the following post on contractual basis:
Name of the Post – Manager (Incubation & Outreach)
- No of Post – 01 (One position)
- Essential Qualification – Graduate in any branch of Science/Technology/Engineering /Commerce/Economics with a degree of MBA having minimum 5 (five) years of experience in relevant field in a Government/Corporate, Start up or high-quality development organization. The candidate should have skill in Project/Programme Management, Business Development/Resource Mobilization, Finance and Accounts, Monitoring and Evaluation, strategic Alliances, Training and Capacity Building, Entrepreneurship and in Technology commercialization.
- Desirable Qualification – Work Experience in incubation center, creation of start-up, raising grants and funds, Experience of business, financial planning and financial modelling. Strong grasp of at least two of the following areas – strategy setting, governance, legal structures and team building, Outstanding written and spoken communication skills. Ability to independently lead and execute projects and ability to build dynamic start-up environment. Knowledge about the different national and regional stakeholders of entrepreneurial ecosystem, Government policies and procedures, Intellectual Property Rights, business and commerce. Should have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent in English, Hindi and local language of Assam.
- Age Limit – Maximum age limit: 40 years. Age limits are relaxable for reserved categories as per Govt. norms.
- Remuneration per month – Rs. 65,000/- (Consolidated)
Duration of employment: Above post is purely contractual. The initial contract period shall be for 1 (one) year including 6 (six) months of probation period. Based on performance, to be evaluated by a committee, the employment can be further extended on yearly basis for the maximum period of 4 (four) years or duration of the project, whichever is earlier. The appointment for the position is coterminous with the duration of the project and subject to receipt of fund from the funding agency. The IASST is not bound to recruit/engage any of the person employed under the project after its termination.
How to apply: Before applying, the candidates must thoroughly read this advertisement. On line application submission format is available in the institute’s website (www.iasst.gov.in). Last date of submission of the application is 11th December, 2020. Scanned copies of all the relevant and required documents and testimonials must be uploaded during online submission of applications.
Date, mode/venue of Interview: Shall be notified by email to the short listed candidates.