Govt of Assam formed two committee to rule out disparity in marking the HSLC and HS Final year students in various schools across Assam.Now as per the advise and discussion with stakeholders the govt of Assam is going to follow the CBSE grading formula to promote the students for HSLC and HS Final year students.
1st Formula :
For the HSLC students under the Board of Secondary Education Assam (SEBA) two different formulas have been devised. The where the preboard examination was held will follow the pattern in which 40 per cent weightage will be given on marks secured in each subject in class IX final exams, another 40 per cent will come from marks secured in class X Preboard and 20 per cent marks will be accorded to the students by their respective schools on the basis of their records in units tests, online or extra curricular exam activities, if any, and marks against attendance, etc.
HSLC Final Year 2021 Grading formula
|1st Formula for Grading Particulars
|From Class IX Final Exam||40|
|Units Tests, Online or Extra curricular Exam Activities||20|
As per the other formula, for schools where preboard exams could not held, 70 percent weightage will be given on marks secured in class IX final exams and the rest 30 per cent marks will come from the home assignments, unit tests, attendance, etc.
|2nd Formula for Grading Particulars||Marks|
|From Class IX Final Exam||70|
|Home assignments, unit tests, attendance, etc||30|
HS Final Year Exam 2021 Grading Formula
On the other hand, the formula approved for the HS final year has been divided into two categories of students one having practical subjects and the other without practical subjects. Under the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC), there are 31 subjects with practical papers in Science and Arts streams.
With Practical Subjects
For students having practical subjects the following grading formula will be followed.
- 50 marks will be calculated from the average of 50 percent marks secured in the best three subjects in the HSLC or equivalent exam,
- 30 marks will be calculated from the marks obtained by the students on the basis of practical examination conducted by the institutions
- 10 marks will be calculated on the basis of marks obtained by the students in the class test, assignment, projects, etc.
- The remaining 10 marks will be allotted by counting 10 per cent marks obtained by the students out of 90 in the previous three components
Without Practical Subject
For assessment of students without practical subjects in Arts and Commerce streams,
- 50 marks will be calculated from 50 per cent of marks secured by the students in the best three subjects in the HSLC exam.
- 40 marks will be calculated on the basis of marks obtained by the students in the class tests, attendance, etc.,
- 10 marks will be allotted on the basis of average 10 per cent of the 90 per cent.
For Vocational Stream Students
For vocational stream students following grading formula will be followed.
- 50 marks will be calculated from 50 per cent marks secured by the students in the best three of the subjects in the HSLC exam,
- 40 per cent marks will be calculated from the practical examination conducted by the institutions.
- 10 marks will be allotted after counting the ten per cent received out of the 90 per cent marks.
As AHSEC has a number of other categories, separate patterns have been designed for students appearing for betterment, reappearance, compartmental, certain subject and repeaters.
To maintain consistency in the results, a maximum of 10 variations from the previous three years’ records of the school will only be allowed.
For the physically challenged students, who could not attend any such exams conducted by the schools, a flexible approach will be adopted and the school evaluation committee will assess their marks.
However there will be a option for students to appear for a physical exam which will be held by September 15 if they are dissatisfied with these evaluation criteria and the Covid situation improves as stated by the State Education Minister Dr Ranoj Pegu.
The physical HSLC and HS final exams will also be mandatory for those students who want to apply for any such jobs under the State government In future, where marks obtained in the HSLC of HS final exams count in merit assessment.