Orunodoi Scheme, described as the “foremost bead” among the Ashtadash Muktitar Unnoyonee Maala, was announced by the Finance Minister in his Budget Speech 2020-21.
The Scheme envisages poverty eradication and socio-economic inclusion of financially vulnerable families of the state through sustained financial assistance by DST, leveraging cash transfer on a monthly basis, so that underprivileged families are assured of minimum monthly cash flow. The other objective is to minimise multiplicity of schemes and consolidate them through the DBT platform in aid of better delivery and. outcomes.
Scheme Name : Orunodoi Scheme by Govt. of Assam
Implemented By: Finance Department, Government of Assam
Amount: Rs 830/- per month [ Medicine: Rs. 400 + 50% subsidy for 4 KG Pulses Rs.200 + 50% subsidy for 4 KG Sugers Rs.80 + Fruits and Vegetables Rs.150 = 830]
Launch Date: 2nd October 2020
Objective: To provide monthly financial assistance to poor families.
Beneficiaries: Women belonging to poor families
Application Mode: Offline
Official Site: https://finance.assam.gov.in/
Apply process for Orunodoi Scheme 2020
1: Scroll down, go to Important Links Step
2: Click on “Assam Arunodoi Scheme 2020 Application Form” Step
3: Assam Arunodoi Scheme 2020 Application Form will be opened Step
4: Download the form and fill the all details. Step
5: Submit the form along with all necessary documents to the respective office/s.
The Eligibility Criteria for Orunodoi Scheme 2020
Who are eligible for this scheme are as follows –
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam.
- Applicant should be presently resident in Assam.
- Composite Household Income of the Applicant should be less than Rs. 2 Lakh per annum.
- The beneficiary (nominated female member) should have a bank account wherein the name in the bank records should match the scheme records. In case, the beneficiary does not possess a bank account then a bank account would be required to be opened prior to the date of approval of the application.
Who are not eligible for this Scheme are as follows :
- Households which do not have a female member.
- Households which have any former or current MLA/ MP.
- Households which have current members of PRI/ ULB. d) Households which have any regular serving or retired Government employees.
- Households which have any regular serving employees of Co-operative Societies.
- Households which have any Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountant, Architects and Registered Government Contractors.
- Households which have any income tax-payee.
- Households which own more than 15 bighas of agricultural land.
- Households which own four wheelers, mechanized boat and tractor.
- Households which own refrigerator/washing machine or air-conditioner.
Selection Process of Orunodoi Scheme 2020 Beneficiary
- The District Level Monitoring Committee may devise modalities for preparing the list of eligible beneficiaries strictly as per the Guidelines. The preliminary selection of the beneficiaries will be done at the level of Gaon Panchayat(GP) Village Council Development Committee (VCDC)Urban Local Body (ULB) based on eligibility/ineligibility conditions .
- An undertaking cum checklist of the eligibility/ineligibility conditions has been prepared for use at GP / VCDC / ULB level which is attached at Annexure ‘A’. Only one such undertaking cum checklist should be prepared against each proposed beneficiary household.
- Compilation at LAC level: The undertaking cum checklist, forwarded by the Gaon Panchayat / VCDC / ULB, will be compiled LAC wise by Member Secretary, DLMC to be put up fo the District Level Monitoring Committee for prioritization/selection.
- Prioritization of list of applicants by District Level Monitoring Committee: The District level Monitoring Committee will meet to prioritize and finalize the received list of applicants submitted by the GPNCDC/ ULBs, based on the priority criteria mentioned above.
Filling up the Assam Orunodoi Scheme Form
- Orunodoi Sahayaks at GP / VCDC / ULB shall facilitate the process of filling up Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- DAF shall be used to collect the bank details and other information.
- The DAF also contains a self-affidavit to be signed by the selected beneficiaries specifying the eligibility conditions.