Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up of the post of Junior Translation Officer (JTO)‘Group B’ ‘Non-Gazetted’ against the vacancies in Constituent units of DAE located anywhere in India.
Heavy Water Board Recruitment 2021
Junior Translation Officer (JTO):
- No of Post:06 vacancies (OBC-03, SC-02, ST-01),
- Pay: Pay Level-6 ₹ 35400/-,
- Age: SC/ST-33 years and OBC-31 years
Educational Qualifications: Master’s Degree of a recognized University in Hindi/English, with English/Hindi as a main subject at degree level (OR)
- Master’s Degree of a recognized University in any subject with Hindi and English as main subjects at degree level (OR)Master’s Degree of a recognized University in any subject with Hindi/English medium and English/Hindi as a main subject at degree level(OR)
- Master’s Degree in Hindi /English or in any other subject with Hindi/English medium, with English/Hindi as a main subject or a medium of examination at degree level (OR)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Hindi and English as main subjects or either of the two as medium of examination and the other as a main subject plus recognized Diploma/Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and vice-versa or two years experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice-versa in Central/State Government offices including Government of India Undertaking.
How to Apply JTO Vacancy
Application should be made on good quality white A-4 size plain paper and should be in conformity with the format prescribed in this advertisement. Candidates are advised to ensure that the application is legible, preferably typed in English or Hindi only.
The Application and the outer cover should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Junior Translation Officer (JTO), against Advertisement No. HWB / 01 / 2021.”
Application Form should be sent to following address :
Mode of Selection comprises of Written Tests in Level 1 & 2 as detailed below:–
Level-1 Test –Objective Test covering:
- General Hindi
- General English
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
Total 100 Questions in Bilingual (Hindi and English)
Duration –2 Hrs
Minimum Pass Percentage in each Level shall be as follows:-SC/ST/OBC:40% aggregate
In the event where large number of candidates obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the Level 1examination, the candidates will be shortlisted for the Level 2 examination. For short listing of candidates, marks secured by the candidates will be arranged in descending order up to the minimum qualifying marks as mentioned above. Separate mark list will be prepared for SC, ST, OBC. PH and one common list for all the candidates who appeared in Level 1 examination. Obtaining the minimum qualifying marks alone does not entitle a candidate to be called for the Level 2 examination.
Shortlisting of candidates on the basis of Level 1 examination will be in the ratio of 1:20 i.e. for every single vacancy, 20 candidates will be called for the Level 2 examination. If there is more than one candidate with the same cut off mark (while shortlisting in the case of 1:20), then all the candidates with the same mark will be shortlisted for Level 2 examination.
Level 2 Test:-
Descriptive written test consisting of two papers (Paper -I & Paper -II) as per the syllabus given below:-
Paper-I (100 Marks) –Duration –3 Hrs.
- 1.Translation of paragraphs from Hindi into English (02 nos.) (One each of technical and administrative in nature) (Approx. 250 words for translation)–25marks.
- 2.Translation of paragraphs from English into Hindi (02 nos.) (One each of technical and administrative in nature) (Approx. 250 words for translation)–25marks.
- 3.Translation of sentences in English (related to official work) to Hindi (10 sentences).–15 marks.
- 4.Translation of sentences in Hindi (related to official work) to English(10 sentences)–15 marks.
- 5.Synonyms for English words in Hindi (10)–10 Marks
- 6.Synonyms for Hindi words in English (10)–10 Marks
Paper-II (100 Marks) –Duration –3 Hrs.
1.General Intelligence & Reasoning and Quantitive Aptitude –50 Marks
- 2.General Hindi –15 marks
- 3.General English-15 marks
- 4.Essay Hindi –10 marks
- 5.Essay English –10 marks
Empanelment Criteria:Final Selection will be based on the Marks obtained in Level –2 (Main only).Resolution in case of Tie :
- a.Total of Level 1 and Level 2 marks.
- b.Date of Birthc.
- c.Alphabetical order of name (First name, middle name and surname, in that order)