Online applications at www.dte.assam.gov.in are invited from the students of Assam who fulfill the following criteria
- 1. The applicant should submit their- Bank Account details i.e., name of the bank, branch, IFS Code and Account no. in the appropriate space of the application form. (also submit the copy of first page of the bank account along with the application).
- 2. The income of the beneficiary’s parents/guardians shall not exceed Rs. 5.00 Lacs per annum. An income certificate in original from competent authority (Deputy Commissioner/ Addl. Deputy Commissioner/Sub-Divisional Officer/Circle Officer) must be submitted with hardcopy of application to be submitted through the respective Institutions.
- 3. The minimum qualifying marks for Undergraduate, Post Graduate courses should be 70% in PCM for BE/B.Tech, 70% in BEJB.Tech for ME/M.Tech for General/ OBC/MOBC and 60% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying Examination. For Diploma courses, minimum qualifying marks shall be 65% for GeneraVOBC/ MOBC and 55% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying Examination.
- 4. The Scholarship and Book Grant will be renewed every year subject to the condition that the student secures at least 60% marks up to the previous semesters and passed all subjects in one attempt.
- 5. Only a candidate who is a permanent resident of Assam will be eligible for Scholarship and Book Grant. Permanent Resident Certificate to be submitted
- 6. The applicant should be a bonafide student of any of the Govt. Engineering Colleges or Polytechnics of Assam.
- 7. The student must not be in receipt of any other Scholarship or other financial assistance from any other sources except Special Merit Scholarship for Girl Students. An undertaking is to be made by the candidate in the application form.
8. A form of bond (available at website) must be submitted along with the application form.
- (a) For students in Post-graduate degree in Engineering & Technology (all branches) @Rs. 1,000/- p.m. (both outside/inside the State).
- (b) For students in Post-graduate degree/diploma courses in Business Management and Administration @ Rs. 250/- p.m. (both outside/inside the State).
- (c) For students in Degree course in Engineering & Technology (all branches) Rs. 150/- p.m. for inside the State and @ Rs. 250/- p.m. outside the State.
- (d) For students in Diploma Courses @ Rs.1 50/- p.m. (both outside/inside the state).
To submit the application form the candidate must mention the category of scholarship mentioning the subject arid value of scholarship for which he/she intends to apply. The application form (hard copy) duly filled in together with the duly self-attested copies of mark-sheet of examination of University/Board Passed and certificate of qualification, conduct and character, age, Permanent Residential certificate as detailed in the application form must reach the office of the undersigned through the head of institution in which the candidate is admitted within the period mentioned below:
Intending candidates must apply online at www.dte.assam.gov.in in between 14.12.2020 to 14.01.2021 and take print out after on line submission and submit it to the Principal/head of institution along with the necessary copies of certificates/mark-sheet etc.
The Principal/Head of institution are to send the applications after verifying to the office of the Director of Technical Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19 on or before 31.01.2021.
For award of scholarship for each course of Engineering & Technology, the candidate must be fresh entrants to the course in the current academic session i.e. 2020-21 (for Fresh students only). .