SSA Assam uploaded the Syllabus for Assam TET which is going to be held in October 2021.Assam TET is conducted for the recruitment of Assistant Teacher (AT) against the vacant posts in provincialized Primary Schools of Assam.Download Assam TET 2021 Syllabus for LP Level.
Assam TET 2021 L P Syllabus Details
Name of examination: ASSAM TET 2021
- Date of Application : Tentatively 25/09/2021
- Date of exam : Tentatively 15/11/2021
- Exam conducted by: SSA Assam
- Exam syllabus: Available
Assam TET 2021 LP Exam Pattern
(A) Paper-I (For Classes I-V) (As per NCTE framed Guidelines)
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30 Marks|
|Environmental Science||30 Marks|
Assam TET 2021 Syllabus
Paper I (for classes I to V): Structure and Content (All Compulsory)
(i) Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory) Number of Questions: 30 MCQs
Marks: 30 Marks
- Child Development (For children 6-11 years group) Concept and stages of Development, Characteristics of different stages of Development
- Factors influencing Child Development—Biological, heredity, Psychological and Environmental factors.
- Dimensions of Child Development — Physical, Cognitive, Emotional, Social and Moral. Development of language during early childhood and later childhood.
- Individual differences — Concept and areas of Individual Differences, Intra and Inter individual differences in various areas of Interest, Habit, Aptitudes, Intelligence, Creativity and their assessment.
- Personality- Concept and types of Personality and factors influencing personality.
- Common Behavioural problems of Children-Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional, Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Causes and Remedies.
- Adjustment-Concept of Mental Health and Hygiene.
Process of Learning
- Meaning and Nature of Learning.
- Factors affecting Learning
- Maturation and Readiness for learning.
- Motivation and Learning.
- Methods of Learning, Major Laws of Learning with their educational implications.
Theories of Learning
- Connectionism( Stimulus—Response Theory)
- Conditioning — Classical and operant.
- Knowledge Of children from Diverse Context Socio-cultural background, Children with special needs inclusive education, Understanding Children with learning difficulties and Behavioural problems.
- Organising Teaching Teaching as Planned activity, Phases of Teaching (pre-active, Interactive and Post active Phases), Different methods of teaching – Lecture method, project method, Demonstration method,Heuristic Method ,Concept of T LM and its importance, Diagnostic and remedial teaching
- Classroom Management— Role of Teacher and the students, Leadership quality of teacher, time and task Management,
Concept of child-centred teaching and competency based teaching
- Evaluation—Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, Formative and summative evaluation.
(ii) Language I – Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Bodo, Manipuri, Garo, Nepali, Karbi, Hmar (compulsory-any one)
- Number of Questions: 30 MCQs
- Marks: 30 Marks
(iii) Language II – English(compulsory). Number of Questions: 30 MCQs , Marks: 30 Marks
Pedagogy of language teaching
- Development of four skills : Listening, speaking, reading, writing.
- Elements of language, preliminary concept of language functions.
- Learning and acquisition
- Vocabulary development/structure of sentence
- Teaching learning materials in English
- Continuous and comprehensive assessment, assessing the four skills : Listening, speaking, reading, writing
- Approaches, Methods, Techniques and Strategies
- Parts of speech ( use of noun, adjective, adverb)
- Jumbled words/sentences
- Correct form of verb, Tense
- Verb, phrases
- Question pattern/wh-questions, tag questions.
- Sentence pattern/types of sentence
- Contracted form
- Connectors/linking words ( use of ‘but’, ‘and’ etc)
(iv) Mathematics , Number of Questions: 30 MCQs, Marks: 30 Marks
Natural numbers, Whole numbers, Even and Odd numbers, Prime and Composite numbers, Place
value system, Four fundamental operations on numbers( Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and
Division), Factors and Multiples, Prime Factors, Lowest Common Multiples (LCM), Highest
Common Factors (HCF), Skip counting, Group counting, Comparison, Ascending and Descending
Order, Application Of numbers in real life, Unitary method and Average.
Concept of Fractions, Types of Fractions, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division of
Fractions, Decimal Fractions, Percentage and their use.
Concept of Money, Conversion of Rupee to Paisa and vice versa, Four operations in solving
problems involving money, Simple problems involving Profit and Loss.
Geometry and Mensuration-
Concept and understanding of different shapes, Line, Line Segment, Ray, Angles, Types of
Angles, Types of Triangles, Types of Quadrilaterals, Circles. Length, Perimeter and Area of
different Geometrical figures, Weight, Time, Capacity and Volume.
Introduction to Data, Representation of Data,Pictograph , Bar Diagram, Pie chart and Draw Inferences.
Intergration Of ICT in teaching Mathematics-
Importance cf ICT in teaching Mathematics.
Use of ICT in teaching Mathematics
(v) Environmental Studies, Number of Questions: 30 MCQs , Marks: 30 Marks
Children Environment (Near and far)–
Types of environment-Natural and social Environment
Natural environment (biotic and abiotic component) : Plants and animals in surroundings, Ecosystem
(pond and grassland), producer, primary, secondary and tertiary consumer.
Social and man made environment : Family, house, neighborhood, social institutions, State, Districts,
Gaon Panchayat our neighbouring states (North East).
Festivals : State and National.
Some social issues : Illiteracy, child labour, superstition, gender discrimination,
Use of computer and internet as a means of communication.
Environment and Child’s need–
- Air : Importance of air, composition of air.
- Water : Importance of water, sources of water, uses of water.
- Soil : Importance of soil, types of soil, soil erosion.
- Food : Types of food, food deficiency related disease.
- Plants : Cultivated plants, plants with medicinal value, Importance of plants in ecological balance, interdependence between plant and animals. Plants in different environment.
Care and Protection of Environment-
- Conservation of Natural Resources : Flora, fauna, endangered and rare species, National Parks,
- wildlife sanctuary, migratory bird.
- Transport system and road safety measure, storage of Agricultural products.
- First aid as safety measure, health care and cleanliness.
- Disaster risk reduction (pre-disaster, during disaster and post disaster).
- Preventive measures for different communicable diseases caused by various microorganisms.
- National integrity.
- Constitution of India, idea of preamble, directive principles, fundamental right and duties.
- Role of Assam is freedom movement.
- Pollution (air, water, soil)- Its impact and measures to prevent.
- Concept ,meaning and approach of environmental studies.
- Nature and scope of environmental studies.
- Objectives of teaching environmental studies.
- Different approaches of teaching environmental studies.
Integration of ICT in teaching Environmental Science
- Importance of ICT in teaching Environmental Science.
All(150) questions will be of MCQ type; each question will carry 1 mark.