28th March, Current Affairs:
- Dr Pramod Sawant today took oath as the Chief Minister of Goa for the second consecutive time.
- Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Mishra today introduced the Criminal Procedure Identification Bill 2022 in the Lok Sabha.
- The 94th Academy Awards were held at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Will Smith won the first Oscar of his career for his performance in King Richard. Jessica Chastain won Best Actress for The Eyes of Tammy Faye. Best Supporting actress was won by Ariana DeBose for West Side Story.
- In Swiss Open Badminton Championships 2022, two-time Olympic medallist P. V. Sindhu has won the Women’s Singles title beating Thailandand Busanan Ongbamrungpha 21-16 & 21-8 in straight games at Basel.
- H.S. Prannoy lost to Indonesian Jonatan Christie 12-21 & 18-21 in the Men’s Singles title clash today.
26th March, Current Affairs:
- International Flights to and from India will resume from midnight tonight. The flight operations are going to restart after a gap of two years.
- The 15th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), begins in Mumbai today with Defending Champions Chennai Super Kings taking on Kolkata Knight Riders in the opening game.
- The Ministry of Defence has approved setting up of 21 new Sainik Schools, in partnership with NGOs, private schools and state governments for this academic year.
25th March, Current Affairs:
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Yogi Adityanath took oath as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh today for the second term.
- President Ram Nath Kovind awarded the prestigious President’s Colour to Indian Naval Ship- INS) Valsura in Jamnagar, Gujarat. The President’s Colour is bestowed on a military unit in recognition of exceptional service rendered to the nation, both in peace and in war.
- The Finance Bill 2022 moved by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman was passed in Lok Sabha today.
24th March, Current Affairs:
- The Andaman and Nicobar Command of the Indian Armed Forces yesterday conducted a successful test firing of the BrahMos supersonic extended range surface-to-surface cruise missile.
- UP CM designate Yogi Adityanath has been elected as the leader of the UP BJP legislative party.
- Sprinter Pranav Prashant Desai won India’s first gold medal at the 2022 World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Dubai.
- World Tuberculosis Day is observed today.
23rd March, Current Affairs:
- World Meteorological Day is observed today. The theme of this year’s World Meteorological Day, is ‘Early Warning and Early Action’.
- India has scripted history by achieving an ambitious target of 400 billion dollars of goods export within a single year.
- Pushkar Singh Dhami take oath as the chief minister of Uttarakhand for a second term at Dehradun’s Parade Ground.
- World no. 1 Ashleigh Barty announced her shock retirement from tennis at the age of 25.
21st March, Current Affairs:
- Nongthombam Biren Singh will continue as the Chief Minister of Manipur for the second straight term.
- Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani lifted his eighth title at the 19th Asian Billiards Championship 2022 in Doha, Qatar after beating compatriot Dhruv Sitwala 6-2.
- Today is International Day of Forests. The day is celebrated to raise awareness about the significance of different types of forests
18th March, Current Affairs:
- Holi also known as the festival of colours, is being celebrated throughout the country today.
- The U.N. General Assembly approved a resolution to proclaim March 15 as the International Day to Combat Islamophobia every year, starting from 2022.
- India’s first Artificial Intelligence & Robotics Technology Park (ARTPARK) was launched in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Finland has been named the world’s happiest country for the fifth year running, in an annual UN-sponsored index.
17th March, Current Affairs:
- Karolina Bielawska from Poland has won the 70th edition of the Miss World pageant that took place in Puerto Rico. Shree Saini from the United States is the 1st runner-up and Olivia Yace from Côte d’Ivoire is the 2nd runner-up.
- Indian-American public health expert Dr Ashish Jha will take over as President Joe Biden’s COVID-19 Response Coordinator next month.
16th March, Current Affairs:
- National Vaccination Day is observed today. On this day in 1995, the first oral polio vaccine dose was started in the country.
- Aam Aadmi Party leader Bhagwant Mann was sworn in as Punjab chief minister in Khatkar Kalan village.
- Former Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma and former Air Vice Marshal Jasbir Singh Panesar were charged by the CBI today in the Agusta-Westland case involving corruption in the purchase of VVIP choppers.
- India pacer Jhulan Goswami today became the first women cricketer to go past the 250 ODI wickets.
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari will inaugurate pilot project for Hydrogen based advanced Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle in New Delhi today.
- India has won the bid to host the FIDE Chess Olympiad 2022 in Chennai.
14th March, Current Affairs:
- India’s Lakshya Sen has lost the final fixture to Thailand’s Kunlavut Vitidsarn in German Open Final. He lost the game 18-21 and 15-21.
- The second part of the Budget Session of the Parliament has resumed today.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday presented the budget for the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir in the Lok Sabha
- Covid vaccination for children aged 12-14 will begin from March 16 as the government extends its vaccination policy. Also, everyone aged 60+ will now be able to get precaution doses.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday presented the budget for the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir in the Lok Sabha.
- Natrajan Chandrasekarana, the chairman of Tata Sons, has been appointed as the chairman of Air India.
- India defeated Sri Lanka by 238 runs in the second Test match at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru to clinch the series 2-0.
- India batter Shreyas Iyer today voted the ICC ‘Men’s Player of the Month’ for February.
13th March, Current Affairs:
- Cristiano Ronaldo became professional football’s all-time leading scorer after he netted a hat-trick for Manchester United in their 3-2 win over Tottenham Hotspur in a Premier League clash at Old Trafford.
- India wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant scored the fastest Test fifty by an Indian batter when he completed his half-century in 28 deliveries on the second day of the 2nd Test against Sri Lanka in Bengaluru.
12th March, Current Affairs:
- Employees’ provident fund interest rate for 2021-22 has been slashed from the existing 8.5 per cent to 8.1 per cent for 2021-22.
- The Royal Challengers Bangalore appointed former South Africa national team skipper Faf du Plessis as their new captain for the upcoming edition of Indian Premier League.
10th March, Current Affairs:
- BJP all set to retain power in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. BJP is also emerging as single largest party in Goa and Manipur. In Punjab, AAP heading towards landslide victory.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has become the first chief minister of Uttar Pradesh to return to power after completing a full tenure of five years.
- In South Korea, opposition candidate Yoon Suk Yeol has been elected as country’s new President.
- Upper age limit for appearing in the undergraduate medical entrance exam, NEET-UG, has been removed for all candidates.
- Veteran Indian quick Jhulan Goswami today equalled former Australia spinner Lyn Fullston’s tally of 39 scalps to become the joint-highest wicket taker in Women’s World Cup.
8th March, Current Affairs:
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Nari Shakti Puraskar 2020 and 2021 at a special ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on occasion of International Women’s Day today.
- International Flights to and from India to be resumed from 27th of March. The Civil Aviation Ministry has suspended the regular international flights in March 2020 in view of the Covid-19 pandemic.
7th March, Current Affairs:
- Polling completed for the seventh and final phase of elections in Uttar Pradesh. In the phase, 54 seats of 9 districts of state went for poll.
- The ninth edition of India-Sri Lanka Naval Exercise, SLINEX, is scheduled at Visakhapatnam from today to this Thursday.
- India’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG designed and developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore, has successfully completed the sea level trials at Puducherry.
6th March, Current Affairs:
- India women’s team captain Mithali Raj became the first women’s cricketer to feature in six ODI World Cups. The veteran batter had made her World Cup debut in 2000, before also featuring in 2005, 2009, 2013, 2017 and now in 2022.
- All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja became the sixth cricketer to register a score of 150+ and take five wickets in the same Test.
- Ravichandran Ashwin became India’s second-highest wicket-taker, taking his 435th Test wicket on Day 3 of the ongoing first Test match between India and Sri Lanka at Mohali.
5th March, Current Affairs:
- Polling is underway for second and final phase of assembly elections in Manipur.
- The Indian Navy successfully test-fired a long-range version of the BrahMos cruise missile.
4th March, Current Affairs:
- India has abstained in a vote in the UN Human Rights Council that has decided to urgently establish an independent international commission of inquiry as a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- An anti-collision test – ‘Kavach’ System conducted by the Indian Railways to check the indigenous developed system to avoid rail accidents is tested successfully today. The indigenously developed Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system, Kavach, was designed to help the Railways achieve – zero accidents.’Kavach’ automatically stopped the train before 380 metres of other Locomotive at the front.
- Australian spin legend Shane Warne has reportedly passed away of a suspected heart attack. He was 52.
3rd March, Current Affairs:
- World Wildlife Day is being observed today.
- In the poll-bound Uttar Pradesh, polling for the Sixth Phase of Assembly Elections is conducted today.
2nd March, Current Affairs:
- The United Nations General Assembly voted in favour of Russian withdrawal from Ukraine. A total of 141 countries voted in favour of the withdrawal of Russian troops, while 5 countries voted against the resolution.
- The European Union has banned seven Russian banks from the Society for worldwide interbank financial telecommunication (SWIFT) global system that underpins cross-border payments.
1st March, Current Affairs:
- Maha Shivratri is being celebrated across the country today.
- Talks between Russian and Ukrainian officials began on the Belarusian border four days after the war started.
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has signed an application for membership of Ukraine in the European Union.
- FIFA has suspended all Russian teams from participating in all international events, including the World Cup later this year. UEFA, the governing body of European football has also suspended Russian representation in club and international competitions.