Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National Standards Body of India and is responsible for activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking of Gold/Silver Jewellery, Laboratory Testing etc., in the country. BIS is also responsible for Standardization and Certification at the International level.
BIS offers excellent career opportunities to bright, young dynamic persons for the post of Scientist-‘B’ in the specified disciplines and categories. These posts are in the Pay Level 10 as per the Seventh Central Pay Commission plus allowances as applicable. The gross emoluments at the time of joining will be approximately Rs. 87,525/-at Delhi at present.
BIS Scientist B vacancy recruitment 2021
- Scientist – B: 28 vacancies (UR-28, EWS-02, OBC-09, SC-02, ST-04) in various disciplines,
- Civil Engineering: 13 vacancies
- Instrumentation Engineering: 02 vacancies
- Environmental Engineering: 02 vacancies
- Chemistry: 07 vacancies
- Textile Engineer: 04 vacancies
Pay Scale: Pay level-10 in 7th CPC ₹56100-177500,
Qualification: Engineering Degree in relevant disciplines with 60% marks. (50% marks for SC/ ST). Having a valid GATE score of 2019/2020/2021,
Age: 30 years as of 25/06/2021.
Age Relaxation: Relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Benchmark Disabilities/Ex-Servicemen shall be as notified by Central Government, from time to time.The Relaxation in upper age limit as per below:
- for SC/ST candidates shall be 5 years;
- for OBC candidates shall be 3 years;
- for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities(UR) candidates shall be 10 years;
- for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities(SC/ST) candidates shall be 15 years;
- for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities(OBC) candidates shall be 13 years.
- The upper age limit for Departmental candidates serving in BIS and meeting requisite essential qualifications is 50 years.
HOW TO APPLY for BIS Scientist B vacancy recruitment 2021: Candidates are required to apply On Line from 05.06.2021to 25.06.2021 through BIS website www.bis.gov.in. No other means/mode of submission of applications will be accepted under any circumstances.
Application Fees for BIS Recruitment 2021:
The Application Fees [Payable from 05.06.2021 to 25.06.2021(only through Online payment mode) both dates inclusive] is Rs. 100/-and is Non-Refundable.
No fees is required to be paid by SC/ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ Person with benchmark disability/Women Candidates.
Bank Transaction charges, if any, for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
Selection Procedure for BIS Scientist B vacancy recruitment 2021:
The selection methodology will comprise of following stages:–
a) Shortlisting based on GATE 2019, GATE 2020 & GATE 2021 Score : The short-listing of candidates for Personal Interview will be based on the valid score of GATE 2019,GATE 2020 or GATE 2021, as may be applicable.Shortlisting of candidates for Personal Interview will be done in order of merit of valid GATE Scores.In case of tie , with two or more candidate s having same GATE s core , the n the seniority in the me rit will be decided based on following criteria:
- (i) Candidate having higher Percentile will be given seniority in merit. Percentile will be calculated by following formula:Percentile = (Number of Candidates appeared in concerned GATE paper–All India Rank of Candidate in the concerned GATE paper)/ Number of Candidates appeared in concerned GATE paper.
- (ii) In case of further tie in Percentile, seniority in merit will be based on age of candidates, with candidate having earlier date of birth (i.e. elder in age)given higher seniority.
b)Personal Interview: Only the Short Listed candidates will be called for Personal Interview.Number of candidate to be called for interview will not be higher than 4 times the number of vacancies in the concerned discipline & category. The candidates will be allowed to take part in the Personal Interview process only after successful completion of the Document Verification process. The date, time and venue of interview will be intimated by e-mail. The same will also be hosted on website: https://bis.gov.in/
c)Final merit list: Candidates shall be selected discipline wise on the basis of merit as determined by the aggregate marks obtained by giving eighty-five percent (85%) weightage to GATE Score and 15 percent(15%) weightage to the marks obtained in interview.In case a tie occurs in the aggregate marks obtained after interview (GATE Score + Interview Marks), the seniority of candidate will be based on the following criteria:
- i)The tie may be resolved based on GATE Score with candidate obtaining higher score given high seniority in the merit list.
- ii)In the unlikely case of the GATE Score getting tied too, based on age criteria, with the applicant elder in age given high seniority in the merit list.
Important Dates & Events of this Jobs are as follows:
|Commencement of Online Application||05/06/2021|
|Online Application Last Date||25th June 2021|
|Online Application Link||Click Here|
|Full Adv Details||Click Here|