Govt. of Assam is going to conduct TET for Higher Secondary level. Thereby online applications are invited from the eligible candidates who are permanent resident of Assam.
2. The tentative date of the examination is 10th January’2021 which may be rescheduled in case of any exigencies.
THE ASSAM HS TET 2021 EXAM OVERVIEW
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPEARING IN TET ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Candidate must be a citizen of India and permanent resident of Assam
Candidate must have minimum academic and professional qualification as follows:
- The Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised Schools) Service Rules, 2018 , The Assam Secondary Education (Government Schools ) Service Rules, 2020 and OM no ASE 238/2014/214 Dt 8th January 2020 , has prescribed the qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Post Graduate Teachers.
- As per the Schedule appended with the Rules mentioned above the qualification for the Post Graduate Teachers shall be as follows: Post-Graduation with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teachers Education recognized institution, but degrees obtained from off campus and distance education institutions shall not be considered as valid. (If the Territorial Jurisdiction of the institution is beyond their approved jurisdiction then the Institution and the subject in which the degree is awarded must have approval of UGC and all other concerned authorities)
- Age Limit – Age of the candidate must not be less than 21 years of age. At the time of appointment in Govt./Prov. Schools upper and lower age limit will be applicable as per the Govt. rules/act prevailing at that time .
Other Important Points –
- The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the School Leaving Certificate /HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
- Blind candidates will be allowed to sit in the examination for an additional 50 minutes than the normal candidates, a separate room/hall may be provided for them along with his scribe. Scribe need to be certified by the District Social Welfare Officer. It must be ensured that Scribe carries the certificate to the examination hall/room.
- Further, as per the aforesaid Service Rules, in addition to such academic and professional qualification mentioned in the Schedule for direct recruitment to the post, all candidates shall have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by the Government scoring minimum 60% marks in case of General category candidates and minimum of 55% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PH candidates.
- It shall be noted that mere qualification with prescribed marks in the TET examination for Secondary Education shall not confer on any candidate the right to employment as a teacher .
- The teachers’ recruitment after TET of post graduate teachers in the provincialised and Government Senior / Higher Secondary School shall be governed by strictly in accordance with the provisions contained in the aforesaid Rules.
- The Candidate will have to provide all valid information. For submission of any false or invalid information . legal action will be initiated and the TET qualification certificate shall be cancelled, even if it is issued. Detailed instruction on filling up of online application form will be uploaded in the website http://ssa.assam.gov.in
- For more information on TET applicants may please contact all Inspector of Schools offices in Districts, Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19 & Board of Secondary Education, Assam (SEBA) Bamunimaidam, Guwahati-21 during office hours on all working days
- Syllabus for the aforesaid TET examination is available on website- http://ssa.assam.gov.in
- B.Ed degree received from off Campus Centres or unrecognized institutions/universities shall not be accepted.
- Degree means Master Degree no equivalence shall be allowed. Candidates will be allowed to enter examination hall only with Admit card and blue or black ball pen.
- Candidates wearing smart watch, dresses with big buttons will not be allowed to enter examination hall.
- Any further information will be shared only through the above mentioned website only (http://ssa.assam.gov.in).
- Candidates must produce a photo identity proof of any of the following in the examination hall: PAN card, Voter ID card, Aadhaar card, Indian Passport, Photo ID card issued by Govt. or public sector undertaking.
- The TET empowered committee reserves the right to cancel the candidature of any candidates as and when any ineligibility condition is detected. If any information declared by the candidate is found to be false at any stage, the candidate will be penalized as per prevailing law/rules.
- Candidates are required to apply online at http://ssa.assam.gov.in only. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.
- Candidate has to choose their option for paper II, Social Category etc. with utmost care. Change of option and caste (Social Category) once selected will not be allowed to change in subsequent stage at any cost whatsoever.
- Question paper will be available in English, Assamese, Bengali and Bodo language.
How to Apply for Assam HS TET 2021
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of http://ssa.assam.gov.in
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the website on account of heavy bad on the website during the closing days.
- The TET Empowered Committee does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason . Application fees:
- Fee payable: Rs 500/- (Rs. Five hundred) only for general candidate and Rs. 300/- (Three hundred) only for SC/ ST/OBC/MOBC and PWD candidate.
- Fee need to be paid in online mode only.
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Time Schedule for Assam HS TET 2021:
- Opening of Online Application Form 20.11.2020
- Last date of Submission of online Application form 30.11.2020
- Last date of fees Payment 3.12.2020
- Date of examination 10.1.2021
Zones for holding Assam HS TET 2021 Examination:
- I Barpeta
- II Bongaigaon
- III Darrang
- IV Dhubri
- V Diphu
- VI Dibrugarh
- VII Guwahati
- VIII Haflong
- IX Jorhat
- X Lakhimpur
- XI Kokrajhar
- XII Nagaon
- XIII Silchar
- XIV Tezpur
- XV Dhemaji
Note: Applicant has to select one of the zone for appearing in the examination. in case of higher number of applicants, the zones may be increased, if required.
Structure & content of the Assam HS TET 2021 Examination:
The examination shall be for 200 marks with two papers (Paper-I & Paper-II) of 200 multiple choice Questions (MCQs), each one of them carrying equal marks. The subject areas broadly are as follows –
Paper I (Common to all candidates)
- Subject – Pedagogy, General English, Basic Numerical and Assam and It’s People
- PART – 100 Multiple choice questions
- Marks – 100
- Time – 2 hours
Subject – Candidates has to choose one of the three options as per suitability
- Option- A — Exclusively commerce related
- Option- B — Exclusively Science related
- Option C —General Studies and Current Affairs Candidate has to choose the option carefully by studying prescribed syllabus
- PART – 100 Multiple choice questions in each Option
- Marks – 100
- Time – 2 hours
Total Marks 200
Assam HS TET 2021 Syllabus
*Candidates have to qualify both the Papers separately to qualify the exam.
Minimum qualifying marks for passing TET 2021 :
To qualify in TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks in each paper. However, 5% relaxation in marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PH candidates. The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% is only eligible to apply, under the PH category.
Validity of the ASSAM HS TET Certificate 2021 :
All candidates who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 7(Seven) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, Government of Assam subject to the condition that the candidate otherwise fulfills the eligibility criteria prescribed as per Govt. of Assam Service rule for recruitment as Post Graduate Teacher.
IMPORTANT POINTS: Toll free number for assistance will be notified through official website of https://ssa.assam.gov.in shortly.