Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined In Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam. N.B.:- Candidates must submit a Declaration in the form-A appended along with the application form while applying for the post in response to the advertisement made by the Commission.
Name of the Posts : Assistant Engineer (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical), under Irrigation Department, Assam.
No. of Posts:182 (One Hundred and Eighty Two)
- Civil -128
- Mechanical -38
- Electrical -16
Post reservation details –
Scale of Pay : Rs.30,000/- to 1,10,000/- PB 4 with Grade pay of Rs.12,700/- plus other allowances.
Educational Qualification : A candidate must possess a Degree in the respective branch of Engineering from any Institute recognized by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) or a candidate having passed Part A and B of the Associate Membership Examination of the Institute of Engineers (India) and possessing a certificate to that effect from the Institution of Engineers (India). Degrees obtained through distance mode of education will not be acceptable. (Attach self attested valid supporting documents.)
Age : The candidates should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on 01 -01 -2020. The upper ago limit is relaxable-
- (i) By 5 years for SC/ST candidates, i.e. upto 43 years.
- (ii) By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. upto 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP, 6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.
- (ii) For Persons with Disabilities (PWD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidates as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015.
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card or Pass Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
HOW TO APPLY – The candidates should carefully go through the terms and conditions of the advertisement, particularly
- a.(i) Educational Qualification (ii) Age limit and (iii) Experience where experience is necessary.
- b. Only those candidates who fulfill all the terms and conditions of the advertisement in respect of the post for which they are applicants shall be entertained. Others need not apply.
- c. The candidates shall have to produce identity proof like Pan Card, Driving Licence,Passport, Current ID card issued by the educational institutions, Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card (wherever applicable) at the time of Screening/Written test and Viva-Voice/ Interview.
- d. The candidates should visit the commission’s website www.apsc.nic.in regularly. If the commission decides to hold written examination/screening test, the syllabus will be uploaded only in the APSC website.
- e. The name of the post applied for should be clearly written in “bold letters” in the Envelope containing the application form and it should be addressed to the Deputy Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-781022.
- f. Application form may be obtained by downloading from the APSC’s website www.apsc.nic.in. Application form DR (New form).
- g. The last date of receiving duly filled up application form in the Commission’s office is fixed on 22-09-2020 during office hours.
- h. Applications (including applications received through post) received after the last date fixed for receipt shall not be enter-tained.
- i. Only applications which are signed by the candidates and accompanied by all particulars as called for in the application form prescribed by the Commission shall be considered and candidates fulfilling all the terms of the advertisement of the respective posts shall be called for a Screening/Written test / Viva-voce interview, where necessary and as decided by the Commission.
- j. (1) All candidates, whether in Government Service or in Government owned undertaking or other similar organizations/ Corporations/boards/ or in private employment may Intimate their controlling authority Instead of routing it through them. However, the fact of the endorsement by the controlling officer may be duly intimated to the Commission by the candidate. In cases where the applications are to be moved through proper channel as per terms of advertisement or subsequent announcements, the application form must be received before the last date of submission. (ii) The Commission shall in no way be responsible if any candidate is not allowed to sit in the examination or after appointment is not released by the concerned authority.
- k. The candidates must clearly state the documents enclosed with the application in the relevant section of the application form.
Application Fees: As per Govt. Notification No. FEG.32/2016/8-A dated Dispur the 28th October, 2016 communicated vide letter No. ABP.60/2014/11 dated 2nd February 2018 the Application Fees for all post under the State Govt. of Assam shown as below:
1. For General/EWS Candidate Rs.250/- (Rupees two hundred and fifty) only.
2. For SC/ST/OBC/MOBC Rs. 150/– (Rupees one hundred and fifty) only.
3. For BPL Candidate Nil (Candidate having BPL certificate should produce their photocopy of certificate along with the Application Form).
4. As per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015 for persons with disabilities (PWD) candidates, the Application Fees for all posts under the State Govt. of Assam is Nil. PWD candidates should enclose with the application from photocopy of necessary certificate from a competent authority. Fees should be deposited through Treasury Challan in the Head of Account “NON TAX REVENUE, OTHER NON TAX REVENUE 0051 PSC, 105 STATE PSC APPLICATION FEE RECEIPT OF APSC” showing name of post and department. Original copy of Treasury Challan should be submitted along with the application form.
Fees can be deposited online using Government Receipt Accounting System-GRAS Website: https://assamegras.gov.in/ Candidates may pay the requisites fees (as admissible for the category mentioned above). Printed copy of Treasury Challan generated through GRAS should be submitted along with the application form. In Remarks column, candidate may write post applied for.