Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam, N.B.:- Candidates must submit a Declaration in the form-A appended along with the application form while applying for the post in response to the advertisement made by the commission.
APSC Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Professor in Halflong Govt College –
(A) NAME OF THE POST :- Assistant Professor in Haflong Govt. College, Haflong
NO. OF POST:- 22 (Twenty two)
Subjects & Special Paper
- English – Language/ Phonetics
- English – Literature
- Commerce – Business Management
- Commerce – Commercial (Business Law)
- Commerce – Commerce IT
- Botany – Plant Taxonomy
- Botany – Cylogeneticsi Microbiology
- Economics – Econometrics
- Economics – Agricultural Economics
- Economics – Economics with Computer Application
- Political Science – NE India Govt & Politics or Political Sociology
- Assamese – Language
- Bengali – Literature
- Mathematics – Applied
- Mathematics – Applied Taxonomy
- Chemistry – Organic
- Chemistry – Physical
- Chemistry – Physical
- Chemistry – Inorganic
- Physics – Solid State
- Zoology – Entomology
- Zoology – Environmental Biology
SCALE OF PAY:- UGC 7th Scale of Pay – Rs.57,700/- to Rs.1,82,400/- p.m. plus other allowances as admissible as per rules from time to time.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION for Assistant Professor in Halflong Govt College :-
- Good academic record with at least 550/s marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the recruitment of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- A relaxation of 5% will be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/ Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions.The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade In a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided. from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders. who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991. (Attach self attested valid supporting documents.)
AGE Limit :- The candidates should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on 01-01-2020.The upper age limit is relaxable-
- (i) By 5 years for SC/ST candidates, i.e. upto 43 years.
- (ii) By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. upto 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP. 6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.
- (iii) For Persons with Disabilities (PWD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidates as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015.
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN HALFLONG GOVT COLLEGE –
The candidates should carefully go through the terms and conditions of the advertisement, particularly
- (i) Educational qualification
- (ii) Age limit and
- (iii) Experience (where experience is necessary.)
Only those candidates who fulfill all the terms and conditions of the advertisement in respect of the post for which they are applicants shall be entertained. Others need not apply.
The candidates shall have to produce identity proof like Pan Card, Driving Licence. Passport, Current ID card issued by the educational institutions, Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card (wherever applicable) at the time of Screening/Written test and Viva-Voice/ Interview.
The candidates should visit the commission’s website http://apsc.nic.in/ regularly. If the commission decides to hold written examination/screening test, the syllabus will be uploaded only In the APSC website.
The name of the post applied for should be clearly written in ‘told letters” in the Envelope containing the application form and it should be addressed to the Deputy Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-781022.
Application form may be obtained by downloading from the APSC’s website http://apsc.nic.in/ Application form DR (New form).
The last date of receiving duly filled up application form in the Commission’s office is fixed on 19.01-2021 during office hours.
Applications (including applications received through post) received after the last date fixed for receipt shall not be entertained.
- Only applications which are signed by the candidates and accompanied by all particulars as called for in the application form prescribed by the Commission shall be considered and candidates fulfilling all the terms of the advertisement of the respective posts shall be called for a Screening/Written test / Viva-voce interview, where necessary and as decided by the Commission.