Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam, N.B.:- Candidates must submit a Declaration in the form-A appended along with the application form while applying for the post in response to the advertisement made by the commission.
APSC Assistant Professor Recruitment Details in BRM Govt. Law College
NAME OF THE POST:- Whole time Assistant Professor of BRM Govt. Law College
NO. OF POST:- 2 (Two)
SCALE OF PAY:- UGC 7th Scale of Pay – Rs.57,700/- to Rs.1,82,400/- p.m. plus other allowances as admissible as per rules from time to time.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION for Assistant Professor Recruitment 2020 in BRM Govt. Law College :
- Master Degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in a relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. (5% marks are relaxable to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category in the concerned subject.)
NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Master Programs in discipline for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET,OR
Ph.D. degree from University/Institution with a ranking in top 500 in the World University ranking (at any time) by Ouacquarelii Symonds (QS), the Times Higher Education (THE) and Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai I Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidates must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulations. 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be. Provided further, candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July, 11, 2009 shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinance/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the recruitment of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- (a) Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only.
- (b) Evaluation of Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners.
- (c) Open Ph.D., Viva-Voce of the candidates had been conducted.
- (d) Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D, work out of which at least one must be in a referred journal.
- (e) Candidate has made at least two presentations in conference/seminars based on his/her Ph.D. work.
- (f) (a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Registrar/Dean(Academic Affairs)
AGE Limit :- The candidates should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on 01-01-2020. The upper age limit is relaxable-
- By 5 years for SC/ST candidates, i.e. upto 43 years.
- By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. upto 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP. 6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.
- For Persons with Disabilities (PWD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidates as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015.
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate Issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN BRM GOVT. LAW COLLEGE
The candidates should carefully go through the terms and conditions of the advertisement, particularly
- (i) Educational qualification
- (ii) Age limit and
- (iii) Experience (where experience is necessary.)
Only those candidates who fulfill all the terms and conditions of the advertisement in respect of the post for which they are applicants shall be entertained. Others need not apply.
The candidates shall have to produce identity proof like Pan Card, Driving Licence. Passport, Current ID card issued by the educational institutions, Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card (wherever applicable) at the time of Screening/Written test and Viva-Voice/ Interview.
The candidates should visit the commission’s website http://apsc.nic.in/ regularly. If the commission decides to hold written examination/screening test, the syllabus will be uploaded only In the APSC website.
The name of the post applied for should be clearly written in ‘told letters” in the Envelope containing the application form and it should be addressed to the Deputy Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-781022.
Application form may be obtained by downloading from the APSC’s website http://apsc.nic.in/ Application form DR (New form).
The last date of receiving duly filled up application form in the Commission’s office is fixed on 19.01-2021 during office hours.
Applications (including applications received through post) received after the last date fixed for receipt shall not be entertained.
- Only applications which are signed by the candidates and accompanied by all particulars as called for in the application form prescribed by the Commission shall be considered and candidates fulfilling all the terms of the advertisement of the respective posts shall be called for a Screening/Written test / Viva-voce interview, where necessary and as decided by the Commission.